Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Jacob, Giles
- Lex Mercatoria: Or, the Merchant's Companion. Containing all the Laws and Statutes Relating to Merchandize . . . Privateers, Piracy . . . With An Introduction, setting forth the Laws of Nature and of Nations, Dominion of the Sea [etc.]. Second Edition
- Printed by E. and R. Nutt, and R. Gosling [etc.], London, 1729.
- The final, expanded edition of the first general treatise devoted to the law merchant to be written by a common law lawyer, adding a chapter on the sea laws of Oleron and Rhodes and another as a dictionary devoted to law and mercantile terms
- Contemporary calf, rebacked, somewhat rubbed, else quite clean and well-preserved; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 1150.00
- Commercial Law, international law, natural law, law of piracy
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.