Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Blackstone, William
- Considerations on the Question, Whether Tenants by Copy of Court Roll According to The Custom of the Manor, Though not at the Will of the Lord, Are Freeholders Qualified to Vote in Elections for Knights of the Shire. Eller 232; Lauechli 541
- Printed for R. Baldwin at the Rose in Pater-noster-Row, London, 1758.
- First edition of the work evidencing "Blackstone's remarkable talent for clear, concise, fluent and methodical analysis of complex subject-matter", including (in Blackstone's opening account) a "true theory and genuine principles of liberty"
- Modern 1/4 sheep over marbled boards, some browning, else a crisp copy, with Blackstone's name added in ink on the title; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 1500.00
- Real Property, law of elections, philosophy of law
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.