Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Fielding, Henry
- A Proposal for Making an Effectual Provision for the Poor, for Amending their Morals, and for Rendering them useful Members of the Society. To which is added, A Plan of Buildings proposed with proper Elevations. Drawn by an Eminent Hand
- Printed for A. Millar, in the Strand, London, 1753.
- Fielding's comprehensive proposed reform of the Poor Laws, drawing on his years as a Bow Street magistrate and complementing his 'Enquiry' into the causes of crime, praised by Burn and Eden and presciently anticipating the reforms of the 19th century
- Later 3/4 calf, the spine extra gilt, rubbed, marbled endpapers and pastedowns, with the elaborate plan and its explanation; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 1500.00
- poor law, legal reform, Legal Architecture
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.