Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- The Case of the Late Election for the County of Middlesex, Considered On the Principles of the Constitution, and the Authorities of Law. Compare Eller 231 [citing an unseen variant of 48 pages, our copy the 44 page printing]; Laeuchli 539 [this variant]
- Printed for T. Cadell (Successor to Mr. Millar) in the Strand, London, 1769.
- Part of the Wilkes controversy, invoking the common law as the source of the House of Common's power to expel a member, the "substantial work [which] has been credited to Jeremiah Dyson [and] Blackstone", its author now thought to be Owen Ruffhead
- Modern 3/4 calf over marbled boards, gilt, light browning, the margins cut somewhat close (no text affected), without the half title; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 1500.00
- English constitutional law
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.