Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Malynes, Gerard
- Consuetudo, Vel, Lex Mercatoria, Or The Antient Law-Merchant . . . Necessarie for All States-men, Iudges, Magistrates, Temporall and Ciuile Lawyers, Mint-Men, Merchants, Marriners, and all others negotiating in all places of the World. S.T.C. 17223
- Printed by Adam Islip [etc.], London, 1629.
- The reissue of the first edition of a pioneering work, Malynes "the first Englishman to treat of the Law Merchant as a whole", in Holdsworth's words, and thereby introducing English merchants and lawyers to the legal doctrines of continental Europe
- Contemporary speckled unlettered calf, joints cracking but firm, ownership signature of Thomas Stone with his initials on the boards; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 3500.00
- international law, maritime law, admiralty
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.