Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Fortescue, John
- A Learned commendation of the politique lawes of England: wherein by most pitthy reasons and evident demonstrations they are plainelye proved farre to excell aswell the Civile Lawes of the Empiere [etc.]. Beale T358; S.T.C. 11195
- Imprinted . . . in Fletestrete . . . by Richarde Tottell [etc.], London, 1573.
- First reissue of the first English translation of a work placed "among the classics of English constitutional theory", written in the late 15th century, highly popular, and the first work to examine extensively trial by jury and the Inns of Court
- Contemporary blind panelled unlettered calf, rebacked, the original spine laid down, remains of ties, well-preserved with good margins; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 3500.00
- Inns of Court, political theory, juries
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.