Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Brome, Alexander
- The Record of a Famous Action upon the Case. In Rythme. Wherein Priscilla Morecrave, Widow, was the Plaintiff, and Roger Pricklove was the Defendant. Being An Essay towards the Reformation of the Law [etc.]. Folio
- Printed for J. Roberts at the Oxford Arms in Warwick-lane, London, 1727.
- The rare reissue of Brome's satire humorously skewering in verse the Commonwealth's dictate that English be used in the law courts, here appearing some seventy years later, as again legal proceedings were proposed to be (and finally were) in English
- Modern boards, somewhat rubbed, else clean with ample margins and with the Fairfax of Cameron bookplate, six copies in ESTC, 12 pages; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 1250.00
- humor, Poetry, legal reform
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.