Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- The Proceedings and Tryal in the Case of . . . William Lord Archbishop of Canterbury [and the six other bishops] [with] The Tryals of Henry Cornish, Esq; for Conspiring the Death of the King, And raising a Rebellion [etc.]. Wing P3555A and T2250. Folio
-  Printed for Thomas Basset  Printed . . . by George Croom, London, 1689 & 1685.
- First edition of one of the great cases of English law, confirming Parliament's right to legislate without subsequent Royal derogation, coupled with the trial of the London sheriff whose execution "secured his place in the pantheon of whig martyrs"
- Modern vellum slightly bowed, the title pages quite darkened, the portrait of the bishops trimmed and repaired, a working copy; with the errata slip
- Book No.:
- $ 250.00
- trials, English constitutional law, Religion
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.