Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Hale, Matthew
- Historia Placitorum Coronae. The History of the Pleas of the Crown . . . A New Edition . . . Together with an Abridgement of the Statutes Concerning Felonies Which Have Been Enacted Since the First Publication . . . by George Wilson [etc.]. Two Volumes
- Printed for T. Payne, P. Uriel, [et al], London, 1778.
- First octavo edition of the masterpiece of one of England's greatest judges and scholars of legal history, in Maitland's words "[n]o man of his age was better . . . equipped for the task [and] none had a wider or deeper knowledge of the materials"
- Contemporary calf, worn, two boards detached, spines varnished, else a sound working set, with the armorial bookplates of James Burrow in both volumes
- Book No.:
- $ 250.00
- criminal law, witchcraft, sheriffs, justices of peace, poor law
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.