Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Rastell, William (comp.)
- A Collection in English, of the Statutes nowe in force, continued from the beginning of Magna Charta, made in the 9 yeere of the reigne of King H.3. vntill . . . the 23 yeere of the Reigne of our gracious Queene Elizabeth [etc.]. S.T.C. 9315; Cowley 77
- Imprinted . . . by Christopher Barker . . . 1583 [colophon], London, 1583.
- One of Rastell's two significant contributions to legal literature, in John Baker's words "ambitious . . . a valuable reference [and of] enormous success", arranging the statutes alphabetically and far surpassing all previous efforts
- Modern calf, the original covers mounted, margin of title repaired (no text affected), minor marginal worming, yet a very good copy (the Taussig copy)
- Book No.:
- $ 4500.00
- Acts, Abridgements, Bibliography, Bibliography
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.