Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Whole of the Proceedings at the Assizes at Shrewsbury . . . in the Cause of the King on the Prosecution of William Jones, Attorney at Law, Against the Rev. William Davies Shipley, Dean of St. Asaph. For a Libel. McCoy S342
- Printed by H. Goldney, No 15, Paternoster Row, London, 1784.
- The trial at which Erskine uttered one of his greatest jury arguments, seeking to establish the bedrock principle empowering the jury (rather than the court) to determine seditious libel, ultimately to be embodied eight years later in Fox's Libel Act
- Modern 1/4 calf over marbled boards, a very good clean copy, without the 1/2 title if called for
- Book No.:
- $ 1250.00
- trials, criminal law, freedom of press
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.