Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Blackstone, William
- The Case of the Late Election for the County of Middlesex, Considered On the Principles of the Constitution, and the Authorities of Law. Eller 231 [citing the University of Chicago Library copy of 48 pages, as here]. Quarto
- Printed for T. Cadell (Successor to Mr. Millar) in the Strand, London, 1769.
- Blackstone's passionate invocation of the common law as the source of the House of Common's power to expel a member, and his principal contribution to English constitutional law outside the Commentaries; not seen by Eller and surprisingly uncommon
- Modern marbled stabbed wraps, light browning, the half-title a bit dusty, else a good, generously margined copy, 48 pages; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 2500.00
- English constitutional law
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.