Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Proceedings on the Trial of Captain G[ambier] . . . for Crim. Con. with Ad[miral] K[nowle's] Lady; Which was tried in the Court of King's Bench . . . When One Thousand Pounds Damages were given to the Plaintiff. With an Introductory Preface
- Printed for H. Owen, at the Britannia Printing-Office [etc.], London, 1757.
- The rare first edition of a sensational criminal conversation trial before Lord Mansfield, the defendant "gain[ing] notoriety" (and recently called "the penurious old reptile") for his dalliance with the Admiral's wife; no copy in ESTC in the UK
- Modern blue wraps, worn, some chips and tears, but all text legible, a fragile but untrimmed, unsophisticated survival; 56 pages
- Book No.:
- $ 850.00
- criminal conversatn, trials
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.