Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Impey, John
- The New Instructor Clericalis, Stating the Authority, Jurisdiction, and Modern Practice of the Court of Common Pleas. With Directions for commencing and defending Actions, entering up Judgments, suing out Executions [etc.]. The Second Edition
- Printed for the Author, by His Majesty's Law Printers [etc.], London, 1786.
- A rare early edition of Impey's lucid, richly knowledgeable work on the Court of Common Pleas which, with his like work on the Court of King's Bench, have been called "the first systematic account of the practice of the two great common law courts"
- Contemporary calf, rubbed, front joint cracked but holding, a clean usable copy; two copies in ESTC, neither in a law library
- Book No.:
- $ 650.00
- pleading, pleading, courts
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.