Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- A Methodical Treatise of Replevins, Distresses, Avowries . . . To which are added, Divers Statutes touching the Office of Sheriffs . . . and also the Law concerning Elections and Returns of Members of Parliament [etc.]. The Second Edition
- Printed by E. and R. Nutt, and R. Gosling . . . for J. Worrall, London, 1739.
- The second, expanded, and final edition of the first work on the ancient remedies of replevin and distress, the latter of which Holdsworth termed "the oldest form of self help" and which Maitland traced to the Laws of Ine, circa 700 A.D.
- Modern 1/4 calf over decorated boards, gilt lettered, some browning, mainly lightish, the front blank a bit chipped, else a good copy
- Book No.:
- $ 650.00
- landlord and tenant, sheriffs, Procedure, pleading, law of elections
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.