Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Tryal and Sentence of Elizabeth Cellier; for Writing, Printing, and Publishing, A Scandalous Libel, Called Malice Defeated . . . At the Sessions in the Old-Bailey [with] Several Depositions, made before . . . the Lord Mayor. Wing T2171; McCoy C153. Folio
- Printed for Thomas Collins, at the Middle-Temple-Gate, London, 1680.
- The principal contemporary account of the righteous midwife acquitted of attempting the King's kidnapping in the 'Meal-Tub Plot'; her expose of that matter ('Malice Defeated') led to this trial, for which she was fined, pilloried and her book burnt
- Modern blind-panelled calf, a bit of staining and marginal worming, else a good copy; with the imprimatur leaf
- Book No.:
- $ 750.00
- libel and slander, trials, criminal law, women's law
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.