Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Christian, Edward
- A Vindication of the Criminal Law, and the Administration of Public Justice in England, from the Imputation of Cruelty: In a Charge Delivered to the Grand Jury at the Assizes Held at Ely
- Printed by Richard Watts . . . For Clarke and Sons [etc.], London, 1819.
- Christian's charge given as Chief Justice of Ely as the movement to abolish the death penalty gained force, contending that as a practical matter juries and judges, and alternate punishments, greatly mitigated the imposition of capital punishment
- Modern marbled wraps, the title and verso of the last leaf dusty and marked, a bit strained, a usable copy; 77 pages
- Book No.:
- $ 350.00
- criminal law, capital punishment, juries, Grand Jury Charges
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.