Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- The Case of Anthony Earl of Shaftsbury; As it was Argued before His Majesties Justices of the Kings Bench . . . Being upon his Confinement in the Tower . . . With a Speech of this Worthy Earl, pleading his own Case, and the Liberty of the Subject. Wing C883
- Printed by K.P. for C.R., London, 1679.
- Only edition of Shaftsbury's unsuccessful attempt to secure his release from the Tower of London on a writ of habeas corpus, "a very powerful argument . . . den[ying] . . . commit[ment] to indefinite imprisonment on a general warrant"
- Original ?self-wraps, disbound, upper right hand corner of the title torn away, just touching the 'e' of 'Case', else a clean, untrimmed copy; 16 pages
- Book No.:
- $ 500.00
- trials, criminal law, habeas corpus
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.