Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- An Act to amend and render more effectual, in His Majesty's Dominions in America . . . An Act for punishing Mutiny and Desertion, and for the better Payment of the Army and their Quarters [5 Geo III c.33]
- Printed by Mark Baskett . . . and . . . Assigns of Robert Baskett, London, 1765.
- A rare separate printing of the first Quartering Act, leading to increased tension with the American colonies, disputed by them as mandating taxation without representation and subventioning a standing army in peacetime; one copy in England in ESTC
- General title + pages 579-596, light browning, disbound, else a very good untrimmed copy with generous margins; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 2500.00
- Acts, colonies, military law
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.