Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Explicatio in Zoesy Digesta. Manuscript, closely but quite legibly written in one hand, approximately 650 pages, in Latin, commencing "Corpus Juris civilis Romani, quatuor habet partes principales"
- No scribe or scholar stated, No place stated, 16??.
- The manuscript seemingly summarizing the Roman law learning of Hendrik Zoesius, the Dutch legist who wrote and lectured on both the Institutes and the Digest, four books in fifty-two titles, with paragraphs keyed to numbered ?paragraphs in the margin
- Contemporary vellum, a bit rubbed, morocco label ("Explicat a Zoesy"), the spine hand lettered "Manuscript 17th Century", some staining; a good copy
- Book No.:
- $ 2500.00
- roman law, Manuscripts, Holland
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.