Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Essays on the Spirit of Legislation . . . Containing Observations on the Political Systems at present pursued in various Countries of Europe, for the Advancement of those essential Interests [etc.]
- Printed for W. Nicoll . . . and G. Robinson [etc.], London, 1772.
- First edition in English of the three essays honored by the Societe Oeconomique de Berne, the pioneering institution founded in 1759 and devoted to the ideals of the Enlightenment, "seeking reforms [both] in economy and society"
- Modern 1/4 calf over marbled boards, gilt, the first blank and title a bit chipped (no text affected), some browning, else quite sound; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 575.00
- agriculture, Commercial Law, Acts, legal reform, FRANCE
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.