Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Law of Actions: Being An Exact, Brief and Methodical Collection of all adjudg'd Cases out of all the Reports of the Law to this Day; And likewise from Roll's Abridgment [with] the Reason that Rules it Render'd obvious to the meanest Capacity [etc.]
- Printed by John Nutt . . . for John Hartley [etc.], London, 1710.
- A rare work devoted almost entirely to action on the case, as it began "to produce the modern categories under which our substantive law is grouped", contrasting tort and contract, with much on slander, assumpsit and "doing, not doing, or misdoing"
- Contemporary blind-ruled calf, rubbed, the label largely lacking, a bit of browning and staining, yet generally well preserved; six copies in ESTC
- Book No.:
- $ 1500.00
- contracts, torts, Procedure, Abridgements, reports of cases, libel and slander
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.