Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- An Authentic Account of the Proceedings . . . in an Action in the Court of King's Bench in Which the Right Hon. the Earl of Elgin was Plaintiff, and William Ferguson, Esq., Defendant, for Criminal Conversation with the Plaintiff's Wife [etc.]
- Printed for J. Hatchard, Bookseller to Her Majesty [etc.], London, 1808.
- A rare, principal account of the action brought by Lord Elgin (of the Elgin Marbles), represented by William Garrow, against "the man who had run away with his wife", the adultery admitted, damages assessed at an enormous 10,000 pounds, as claimed
- Modern red cloth, gilt, the boards a bit bubbled, the title dusty, and the binding somewhat strained, else a good, usable and untrimmed copy
- Book No.:
- $ 850.00
- trials, criminal conversatn, women's law
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.