Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- The Trial of Maurice Margarot, Delegate from London, to the British Convention. Before the High Court of Justiciary, at Edinburgh, On the 13th and 14th of January, 1794, for Sedition [Robertson's Edition]
- Printed for James Robertson, No. 4, Horse Wynd [etc.], Edinburgh, 1794.
- The trial marking the nadir of British reaction to the French Revolution, bridging the trials of Thomas Paine, John Horne Tooke, and Thomas Hardy, in which Margarot was convicted of sedition and sentenced to fourteen years transportation to Australia
- Definite embrowning and staining, in an attractive modern 1/4 calf somewhat unevenly faded; without the plate, if called for
- Book No.:
- $ 150.00
- SCOTLAND, trials, trials, 18TH CENTURY, SCOTLAND
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.