Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop,
specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books Search Results Page
Database last updated on Mon Jul 6 20:01:23 2020
Matching records found:
Searching prices :
$Any to $Any
Searching books added :
At Any Date
- Calhoun, George M. and Catherine Delamere
- A Working Bibliography of Greek Law
- Harvard University Press, Cambridge, 1927.
- The first volume in Harvard Series of Legal Bibliographies edited by Eldon James, then the Law School's librarian, who provides a general preface; with an introduction by Roscoe Pound, terming the work a "painstaking achievement"
- Original blue cloth, rubbed, the spine quite dull; usable
- Book No.:
- $ 75.00
- greek law, Bibliography
- Hale, Matthew
- De Successionibus apud Anglos: Or, A Treatise of Hereditary Descents, Shewing The Rise, Progress and Successive Alterations thereof. And Also the Laws of Descent as they are now in use. Wing H236
- Printed and are to be Sold by A. Baldwin in Warwick-lane, London, 1699.
- First edition of Hale's impressive but virtually ignored conspectus of the law of descents, treating of the practices of the Jews, Greeks, and Romans, as well as ancient, medieval and early modern English law; with the folding table (browned)
- Contemporary unlettered calf, marked and rubbed, some browning, else sound with good margins and the bookplate of Sir Edward Northey; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 850.00
- Real Property, Wills, jewish law, roman law, greek law
- Pound, Roscoe
- Jurisprudence [Reprinted from 'The History and Prospects of the Social Sciences']. Setaro 130 n.2
- No Publisher Stated, New York?, 1925.
- The uncommon separate printing of Dean Pound's wide ranging chapter, beginning with the history of jurisprudence (including Greek philosophy and Roman law) through to "The Problems of Jurisprudence Today" and concluding with Select References
- Original wraps, a very good copy, with the ownership signature of F.X. Dwyer, once librarian of Harvard Law School and of the Law Library of Congress
- Book No.:
- $ 125.00
- jurisprudence, roman law, greek law, philosophy of law
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.