Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop,
specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books Search Results Page
Database last updated on Wed Aug 19 17:47:38 2020
Matching records found:
Searching prices :
$Any to $Any
Searching books added :
At Any Date
- Wynne, William
- The Life of Sir Leoline Jenkins, Judge of the High-Court of Admiralty, And Prerogative Court of Canterbury . . . [with] the Resolution of many difficult and curious Points in the Common and Civil Law, Law of Merchants and of Nations [etc.]. Two Volumes
- Printed for Joseph Downing, in Bartholomew Close [etc.], London, 1724.
- A "literally gigantic" work and the best early source for the life and works of Jenkins, "easily the greatest of the civilians of his day" in Holdsworth's words, brought together by Serjeant Wynne who "was to Jenkins as Boswell was to Johnson"
- Contemporary blind-panelled calf, quite worn, rebacked and repaired, some browning and dustiness, ex-library, yet a good crisp set; with the portrait
- Book No.:
- $ 850.00
- biography, admiralty, 17TH CENTURY
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.