Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop,
specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books Search Results Page
Database last updated on Mon Feb 10 16:29:17 2020
Matching records found:
Searching prices :
$Any to $Any
Searching books added :
At Any Date
- Wade, John
- A Treatise on the Police and Crimes of the Metropolis; Especially Juvenile Delinquency, Female Prostitution, Mendicity, Gaming, Forgery . . Also an Account of the Courts of Justice and Prisons of London; And . . . the Causes of the Increase of Crime &c.
- Longman, Rees, Orme, Brown, and Green, London, 1829.
- Only edition of a work written by one of the foremost early 19th century radicals and reformers, John Wade, grouped in importance with William Cobbett and 'Orator' Hunt, and a great admirer of Bentham, who provided funds to establish Wade's newspaper
- Modern green cloth, ex-library, one preliminary leaf loose, else a good usable copy
- Book No.:
- $ 650.00
- criminal law, Police, women's law, Gambling, Forgery, prisons
- Wade, John
- The Cabinet Lawyer: A Popular Digest of the Laws of England, Especially Those Relative to . . . Debt, Arrest, &c. With the Criminal Law of England; also a Dictionary of Law Terms, Maxims, Statutes, and Judicial Antiquities [etc.]. Fifth Edition
- Printed for W. Simpkin and R. Marshall . . . Ludgate-Street, London, 1829.
- An uncommon edition of a work written by one of the foremost early 19th century radicals and reformers, John Wade, grouped in importance with William Cobbett and 'Orator' Hunt, plainspoken and direct; with a substantial (190+ page) law glossary
- Original boards, printed paper label, somewhat rubbed and scuffed, else well-preserved and untrimmed; two copies in COPAC, three in OCLC
- Book No.:
- $ 350.00
- Every Man Law Books, criminal law, legal dictionaries
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.