Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop,
specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books Search Results Page
Database last updated on Mon Jul 6 20:01:23 2020
Matching records found:
Searching prices :
$Any to $Any
Searching books added :
At Any Date
- Trusler, John
- A Summary of The Constitutional Laws of England, Being an Abridgement of Blackstone's Commentaries [with] "A List of Books Published By the Rev. Dr. Trusler". Not in Eller; compare Laeuchli 122 [not recording the eight page "List of Books" present here]
- Printed for the Author, at the Literary-Press [etc.], London, 1788.
- The rare first edition of the first abridgment of Blackstone, published within a decade of his death and the earliest of three to appear in the 18th century; six copies in ESTC (one in North America), none containing Trusler's "List of Books"
- Contemporary 1/4 calf over marbled boards, the spine chipped and the joints cracking, but quite firm, some lightish staining; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 1500.00
- Trusler, John
- A Summary of the Constitutional Law of England, Being an Abridgement of the Commentaries of Sir William Blackstone, Knt, One of the Justices of His Majesty's Court of Common Pleas. Not in Eller; Laeuchli 123
- W. Sleater, No. 28, and W. Colles, No. 17, Dame-street, Dublin, 1790.
- The only Irish edition of the first abridgment of Blackstone, the earliest of three abridgments to appear in the 18th century, designed "to make Blackstone's Commentaries useful to all Classes of People"; uncommon, three copies in ESTC in the USA
- Modern 1/4 leather over boards, somewhat rubbed and chafed, some browning, but sound, with the advertising leaf preceding the title; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 950.00
- Abridgements, English constitutional law
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.