Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop,
specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books Search Results Page
Database last updated on Mon Feb 10 16:29:17 2020
Matching records found:
Searching prices :
$Any to $Any
Searching books added :
At Any Date
- Madan, Martin
- Thoughts on Executive Justice, with Respect to our Criminal Laws, Particularly on the Circuits. Dedicated to the Judges of Assize; And recommended to the Perusal of All Magistrates; and to all Persons who are liable to serve on Crown Juries
- Printed for J. Dodsley, in Pall-Mall, London, 1785.
- An important part of the literature on capital punishment, criticizing the overly frequent granting of pardons and reprieves, prompting a response from a youthful Samuel Romilly and marking the beginning of the public debate on the death penalty
- First edition, in a contemporary calf, rubbed, rebacked, else very clean and bright, G.D. Squibb's copy with his bookplate; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 750.00
- legal reform, criminal law, capital punishment
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.