Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop,
specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books Search Results Page
Database last updated on Wed Dec 2 17:16:10 2020
Matching records found:
House of Lords
Searching prices :
$Any to $Any
Searching books added :
At Any Date
- The Tryal of Philip Earl of Pembroke and Montgomery, Before the Peers in Westminster-Hall, on Thursday the 4th of April 1678. Wing T2209. Folio
- N.p., London, 1679.
- A fine example of the peculiarities of English law, the Earl, indicted for murder, claiming his right to be tried by his peers in the House of Lords, is there convicted of manslaughter only, and so invokes his privilege of peerage and is discharged
- Original ?self-wraps, re-sewn and repaired, ink squiggles, notations and markings on the title, else a good clean copy; no copy in a law library in ESTC
- Book No.:
- $ 750.00
- trials, House of Lords, criminal law
- The Tryal of Charles Lord Mohun, Before The House of Peers in Parliament, For the Murder of William Mountford . . . Together with The Questions in Points of Law, Put by Their Lordships to the Judges; with The Arguments of my Lord Mohun's Council [etc.]
- Published by Command of the House of Peers [etc.], London, 1693.
- The sole contemporary account of "the most outrageous of all Mohun's affrays", as he and a companion sought to "trepan" or carry off the actress, Anne Bracegirdle, leading to her defender's murder, Mohun's trial and, to much alarm, his acquittal
- Later 3/4 calf over marbled boards, rubbed, definite browning and a bit of minor marginal staining, else a good copy, with a portrait of Mohun tipped in
- Book No.:
- $ 450.00
- trials, criminal law, House of Lords
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.