Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop,
specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books Search Results Page
Database last updated on Fri May 15 14:42:07 2020
Matching records found:
Hill Matthew Davenport
Searching prices :
$Any to $Any
Searching books added :
At Any Date
- Hill, Matthew Davenport
- Suggestions for the Repression of Crime, Contained in Charges Delivered to Grand Juries of Birmingham; Supported by Additional Facts and Arguments, Together with Articles from Reviews . . . Controverting or Advocating the Conclusions of the Author
- John W. Parker and Son, West Strand, London, 1857.
- The grand jury charges which Hill delivered while Recorder of Birmingham, with much related materials, the post he held for a quarter century and "more than anything else, established [his] reputation as a 'criminologist' and penal reformer"
- Presentation copy--"The Bailiff of Guernsey / From the Author"; original embossed cloth, rebacked, the original spine laid down, ex-library; very good
- Book No.:
- $ 150.00
- criminal law, legal reform
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.