Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop,
specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books Search Results Page
Database last updated on Mon Jul 6 20:01:23 2020
Matching records found:
Searching prices :
$Any to $Any
Searching books added :
At Any Date
- Paul, G.O.
- Observations on the State of the Glocester Infirmary . . . Offered to the Consideration of the Special General Court Held on the 22d of November, 1796 [with] [Report of the Court in Response in August 1797 and a List of Contributions and Contributors]
- Printed [by] the President and Governors Present [and] N.p., Gloucester?, 1796 & 97.
- A rare example of the pioneering work of Paul, "typify[ing] the eighteenth-century justice at his best", complementing his efforts at prison and lunacy reform as inspired by the works of Blackstone, John Howard, and Cesare Beccaria
- Original printed self wraps, reinforced, 64+11+12 pages, with the half-title; two copies of the first, one of the second, in ESTC in this country
- Book No.:
- $ 650.00
- Health Law
- Spenser [Spencer], Benjamin
- Vox Civitatis, Or, London's Complaint against her Children in the Countrie. Shewing to them her Infirmitie. Povertie. Desolate misery. Upbraiding them with Unkindnesse. Uncharitablenesse. Distrustfulnesse [and much else]. S.T.C. 23075. Quarto
- Printed by E.P. for William Hope . . . neere the Royal Exchange, London, 1636.
- Spenser's oft-printed tract criticizing much behavior caused by the plague, particularly that of the wealthy who left London and who, he believed (in a sentiment then rarely expressed), could not complain if their empty properties were to be looted
- Modern 3/4 calf over marbled boards, some browning, marginal repairs to the title and next leaf, without the first and last blanks; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 750.00
- Health Law, Radicals
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.