Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop,
specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books Search Results Page
Database last updated on Sun Mar 15 17:51:13 2020
Matching records found:
Anglo Saxon law
Searching prices :
$Any to $Any
Searching books added :
At Any Date
- Hudson, John
- The Oxford History of the Laws of England, Volume II, 871-1216
- Oxford University Press, Oxford, 2012.
- The second volume in Oxford's ambitious new series under the General Editorship of Sir John Baker, devoted to late Anglo-Saxon England, to Anglo-Norman England, and to Angevin England, concluding with "Magna Carta and the Common Law"
- Original cloth, a very good copy in the dustjacket
- Book No.:
- $ 300.00
- Ecclesiastical Law, canon law, Anglo-Saxon law, MEDIEVAL, Magna Carta
- Lambarde, William
- Archaionomia, Sive De Priscis Anglorum Legibus libri, Sermone Anglico, vetustate Antiquissimo, aliquot ab hinc seculis conscripti, Nunc demum, magno Jurisperitorum, & amantium Antiquitatis omnium commodo, etenebris in lucem vocati. Wing A3605. Folio
- Ex Officina Rogeri Daniel, celeberrimae Academiae [etc.], Cantabrigiae, 1644.
- Lambarde's first work, and only the second printed in Old English with Anglo-Saxon type, first published in 1568, in the words of Felix Liebermann crediting Lambarde as "a pioneer in an unknown land", as he translated the Anglo-Saxon laws into Latin
- Contemporary calf, rubbed, the joints cracking but firm, a good copy; with a bifolium laid in discussing degrees of honor and titles; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 1400.00
- Anglo-Saxon law, Acts
- Saltern, George
- Of the Antient Lawes of great Britaine. S.T.C. 21635
- Printed [by Edward Allde] for Iohn Iaggard [etc.], London, 1605.
- Only edition of the tract written by a Middle Temple barrister, appearing as the union of England and Scotland was contested, "unique in its singular focus on demonstrating the existence of a British common law tradition from the mists of antiquity"
- Modern vellum, the title slightly darkened with its lower margin cut close (no text affected), the Huth copy with his bookplate; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 2500.00
- Anglo-Saxon law, Law and Literature
- Whitelock, Dorothy (ed.)
- Anglo-Saxon Wills
- At the University Press, Cambridge, 1930.
- Miss Whitelock's exemplary edition of the bulk of the Anglo-Saxon wills which have come down to us, with the Anglo-Saxon text and English translation on facing pages, accompanied by her extensive notes; Cambridge Studies in English Legal History
- Original cloth, showing a bit of wear, in a worn and faded dustjacket
- Book No.:
- $ 250.00
- Anglo-Saxon law, Wills
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.