Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop,
specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books Search Results Page
Database last updated on Mon Jul 6 20:01:23 2020
Matching records found:
Searching prices :
$Any to $Any
Searching books added :
At Any Date
- Pruitt, Paul M., David I. Durham, Sally E Hadden
- Traveling the Beaten Trail: Charles Tait's Charges to Federal Grand Juries, 1822-1825
- University of Alabama School of Law, Tuscaloosa, 2013.
- A fine scholarly edition of three grand jury charges delivered by Judge Tait, the Jeffersonian democrat who became Alabama's first federal judge, "offer[ing] exceptional examples of law and legal culture as it was developing on the Alabama frontier"
- Original printed illustrated wraps, as new, 120 pages; Occasional Publications of the Bounds Law Library Number Eight
- Book No.:
- $ 20.00
- Alabama, Grand Jury Charges
- Pruitt, Jr., Paul M.
- Taming Alabama, Lawyers and Reformers, 1804-1929. With an Introduction by G. Ward Hubbs
- University of Alabama Press, Tuscaloosa, 2010.
- A work examining the lives of seven "Bourbon Reformers", all but one in the Whig reform tradition of 19th and early 20th century Alabama, discussing both their influence and their limitations-and the role of law-in a "complex, often ambiguous world"
- Original printed illustrated wraps, as new; 186 pages
- Book No.:
- $ 26.95
- Alabama, biography, 19TH CENTURY
- Riser, R. Volney (comp.)
- A Goodly Heritage: Judges and Historically Significant Decisions of the United States District Court for the Middle District of Alabama. Preface by W. Harold Albritton. Introduction by Edwin C. Bridges. Edited by Paul M. Pruitt, Jr. and David I. Durham
- University of Alabama School of Law, Tuscaloosa, 2010.
- A worthy selection of the correspondence and judicial decisions of the eleven judges who sat on the Court from its inception in 1804 until the appointment of Frank Johnson in 1955, with a brief biographical essay for each judge; illustrated
- Original printed illustrated wraps, a very good copy, 245 pages; Occasional Publications of the Bounds Law Library Number Seven
- Book No.:
- $ 15.00
- Alabama, 19TH CENTURY
- Duncan, George W.
- John Archibald Campbell
- Alabama Historical Society, Montgomery, 1905.
- Original printed stapled wraps, slightly foxed, else a good copy, partly uncut, 45 pages; Reprint 33, from the Society's Transactions, Volume V
- Book No.:
- $ 65.00
- biography, Supreme Court, Alabama
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.