Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop,
specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books Search Results Page
Database last updated on Fri May 15 14:42:07 2020
Matching records found:
Searching prices :
$Any to $Any
Searching books added :
At Any Date
- Wellman, Francis L.
- The Art of Cross-Examination. With the Cross-Examinations of Important Witnesses in Some Celebrated Cases. February 1904 [third] reprinting
- MacMillan and Company, New York, 1904.
- An early printing of Wellman's first book, to become a classic account of trial technique, first treating of cross examination's principles and then giving famous examples, "fascinating alike to lawyer and laymen" in Emory Buckner's words
- Original crimson cloth, quite rubbed, slightly bowed, private owner's bookplate, else a good clean copy, with the title printed in red and black
- Book No.:
- $ 35.00
- Fifth United Nations Congress on the Prevention of Crime and the Treatment of Offenders. Report of the Australian Delegation
- United Nations, Geneva, 1975.
- Wraps, a few leaves loose, but usable; 207 pages
- Book No.:
- $ 45.00
- trials, Advocacy, criminal law, AUSTRALIA
- Mackenzie, George
- An Idea of the Modern Eloquence Of the Bar. Together with a Pleading out of every Part of Law
- Printed by Mr. Robert Freebairn . . . in the Parliament-Close, Edinburgh, 1711.
- Only separate edition in English of Mackenzie's seminal work on the art of advocacy, the first in the English-speaking world, modelled in part on Cicero and "superior to any account of legal rhetoric previously published"; with six arguments appended
- Contemporary crimson morocco, neatly gilt and gilt-panelled, marbled pastedowns and endpapers, rubbed, some browning, yet a pretty copy
- Book No.:
- $ 2500.00
- Advocacy, SCOTLAND
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.