Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop,
specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books Search Results Page
Database last updated on Thu Mar 31 13:29:11 2022
Matching records found:
Searching prices :
$Any to $Any
Searching books added :
At Any Date
- Hayter, Thomas
- An Essay on the Liberty of the Press, Chiefly as it Respects Personal Slander. The Second Edition. Not in McCoy
- Printed for J. Raymond, London, 1755.
- A work "original and startingly libertarian", proposing that freedom of speech (and press) are fundamental aspects of man's capacities and thus reserved natural and constitutional rights predating civilization's social compact
- Modern 1/4 calf over marbled boards, gilt, a very clean crisp copy; without the half-title
- Book No.:
- $ 550.00
- 18TH CENTURY, criminal law, freedom of press, libel and slander
- Blackstone, William
- Commentaries on the Laws of England. In Four Books. The Sixth Edition [sic]. Printed page for page with the last Oxford Edition. Four Volumes. Eller 10; Laeuchli 13 [without the two advertising leaves Laeuchli notes in volume 2]
- Printed for John Colles, at No. 65 . . . Temple-lane [etc.], Dublin, 1775.
- The first pocket edition of the Commentaries, measuring about 4x6 inches, a duodecimo printing pirated from the 1770 fourth edition printed in Oxford, the sole edition printed by John Colles, appearing within a decade of the first edition of 1765-69
- Contemporary calf, the spines lightly faded and two spine heads just chipped, a short crack to one joint, else a well preserved set; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 1250.00
- 18TH CENTURY, English Law, jurisprudence
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.