Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Selden, John (ed.)
- Fleta, Seu Commentarius Juris Anglicani sic nuncupatus, sub Edwardo Rege primo seu circa annos abhinc CCCXL . . . Accedit Tractatulus vetus . . . Fet Assavoir . . . Subjungitur etiam Joannis Seldeni ad Fletam Dissertatio Historica [etc.]. Wing F1290
- Typis M.F. Prostant apud Guil. Lee, & Dan. Pakeman [etc.], London, 1647.
- First and best early edition of Fleta, written in the late 13th century, with Selden's Dissertation upon it, called a "sophisticated survey of the history of Roman law in medieval Europe and England [and] his most mature piece of scholarship"
- Contemporary calf, rebacked, the joints cracked but firm, light browning, else clean with good margins but not aesthetically pleasing
- Book No.:
- $ 350.00
- MEDIEVAL, English Law, prisons, roman law
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.