Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Clayton, John
- Topicks in the Laws of England. Containing Media, apt for Argument, and resolution of Law Cases: also an Exposition of severall words, not touched by former Glossaries [etc.]. Wing C4612. Not in Cowley
- Printed by R.L. for William Leake . . . in Fleetstreet [etc.], London, 1646.
- First edition of Clayton's first work, published a decade before Cromwell sought a major reform of English law, an unusual amalgam of 167 maxims and like legal phrases (called "topicks"; most are in Latin), discussed and defined for the layperson
- Later panelled sheep, somewhat rubbed, lightish staining to the title and several following leaves, light browning, else clean; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 1250.00
- legal dictionaries, Supreme Court, maxims, Every Man Law Books, legal reform
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.