Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Jacob, Giles
- The Compleat Court-Keeper: or, Land-Steward's Assistant. Containing, First, The Nature of Courts-Leet and Courts-Baron [and four other parts]. Third Edition [bound with] Books printed for Bernard Lintot, at the Cross-Keys . . . in Fleet-street
- Printed by E. and R. Nutt . . . for Bernard Lintott [etc.], London, 1724 & 1728?.
- An early edition of what I believe is Jacob's first work (of eighteen) a work which Holdsworth termed "very successful . . . and comprehensive", bound with Bernard Lintot's substantial [28 page] final catalogue, arranged by size and priced
- Contemporary unlettered calf, the front joint just cracking but very firm, the spine ends a bit chipped, else very clean and bright; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 450.00
- courts, Every Man Law Books, justices of peace, Dealer & Auction Catalogues
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.