Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Wingate, Edmund
- Statuta Pacis: Or A perfect Table of all the Statutes (now in force) which any way concerne the Office of a Justice of Peace. Cleerly also setting down the severall duties of Sheriffes, Head-officers of Corporations . . .and other Officers &c. Wing W3023
- Printed by M. Flesher and J. Young [etc.], London, 1644.
- The uncommon, only edition of Wingate's first legal compilation, offering as its justification Sir Edward Coke's view of the importance to England of its unique system of subordinate government; three copies in ESTC in North America
- Contemporary unlettered sheep, lightly rubbed, rebacked, the original spine laid down, new endpapers, quite crisp with good margins; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 1250.00
- justices of peace, sheriffs, criminal law, Abridgements
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.