Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- To the Kings most Excellent Majesty, and the Lords and Peeres now assembled in Parliament. The Humble Petition and Protestation of all the Bishops and Prelates now called by His Majesties Writts to attend the Parliament [etc.]. Not in Wing; ESTC R226217
- Printed for Joseph Hunscutt, London, 1642.
- The rare broadside whose contents formed the basis of high treason charges brought against the bishops for "subvert[ing] the fundamental laws of the kingdom", thereby contributing in part to the outbreak of England's civil war; one copy in ESTC
- Broadside measuring about 9 1/2 x 13 inches, lightly browned, some chips and tears, top left margin trimmed, but legibility preserved; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 850.00
- Broadside, legal ephemera, Ecclesiastical Law, Parliament, English constitutional law, criminal law
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.