Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Smith, Thomas
- The Commonwealth of England, And the Maner and Gouernement thereof . . . With new Additions of the chiefe Courts in England, And the Offices thereof [etc.]. S.T.C. 22863. Quarto
- Printed by William Stansby for Iohn Smethwicke [etc.], London, 1612.
- The first English treatise on comparative constitutional law and politics, highly regarded by Maitland, who adjudged that the work "will be quoted and transcribed so long as men take any interest in the history of the English constitution"
- Contemporary 3/4 calf over marbled boards, the top margin cut close affecting the "The" of the title, some browning, else crisp; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 400.00
- political theory, Comparative Law
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.