Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Jacob, Giles
- Every Man His Own Lawyer: Or, A Summary of the Laws of England in a New and Instructive Method [under seven heads] . . . so plainly treated of, that all Manner of Persons may be particularly acquainted with our Laws and Statutes [etc.]
- Printed by E. and R. Nutt, and R. Gosling [for three others], London, 1736.
- First edition of Jacob's popular vade-mecum (and the first English legal treatise with this title), devoted in part to estates, to marriage (grouped with "ideots [and] lunaticks"), to Magna Charta, to habeas corpus, and to the liberty of the subject
- Contemporary calf, rubbed and neatly repaired, a trace of foxing, else quite clean with good margins; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 1500.00
- Every Man Law Books, Magna Carta, habeas corpus, Lunatics, marriage, Real Property
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.