Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Bohun, William
- The English Lawyer: Shewing The Nature and Forms of Original Writs, Processes and Mandates, of the Courts at Westminster. As Also The Forms of Returns and Directions of Writs, Processes, &c. With many curious Observations on the Whole [etc.]
- Printed by E. and R. Nutt, and R. Gosling [for three others], London, 1732.
- Only edition of one of Bohun's many works, his scholarship elsewhere praised by Holdsworth, comprehensively discussing writs in the Royal courts, occasioned by the passage of the statute [4 Geo II c.26] requiring that court proceedings be in English
- Contemporary unlettered calf, a bit of worming to the upper margin at the volume's end, else especially fresh and bright; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 850.00
- introductory law, Procedure
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.