Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Jacob, Giles
- The Modern Justice: Containing the Business of a Justice of Peace, In all its Parts. As an Abridgment of the Common Law, and of the Acts of Parliament relating to Justices of Peace, Constables and other Parish Officers under them [etc.]
- Printed by the Assignee of Edward Sayer, Esq [etc.], London, 1716.
- First edition of one of Jacob's earliest works, and uncommon, revealing the direct, lucid style and excellent organization which was to make him one of the most prolific legal writers of the eighteenth century, with over thirty recorded works
- Contemporary calf, a bit rubbed, browning, small hole in the title affecting a few letters, signature of Sir Timothy Waldo Clapham; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 850.00
- justices of peace, game law
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.