Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- East, Edward Hyde
- A Treatise of the Pleas of the Crown. Two Volumes [complete]
- Printed by A. Strahan . . . for J. Butterworth [etc.], London, 1803.
- Only English edition of East's principal work, the first substantial treatment of English criminal law following Blackstone's, one which "won immediate authority" and based in large part on eleven manuscripts upon which East labored for some years
- Modern 1/4 calf over marbled boards, the title pages and last leaves browned (more at the edges), else quite clean with good margins; the Taussig set
- Book No.:
- $ 600.00
- Bench and Bar, biography, criminal law, New York
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.