Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- A Decree Lately made in the High Court of Starre-Chamber, after consultation had among the Iudges . . . And also a Confirmation of that Decree by His Sacred Maiestie; together with His Maiesties Command that the same be Printed [etc.]. S.T.C. 7755
- Imprinted by Robert Barker . . . And by the Assignes of Iohn Bull, London, 1633.
- Only printing of the first of but three Star Chamber decrees to be printed, prohibiting practices among suppliers of food and drink, including bakers, tavern owners and victuallers, regulating horsemeat, and outlawing houses of gaming, inter alia
- ?Original stabbed self wraps with the blank "A", "For the Council Chamber" on the ?supplied rear wrap, now housed in a folding case, the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 1850.00
- Star Chamber, Liquor & Drink, Gambling
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.