Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Smith, Thomas
- De Republica Anglorum. The maner of Governement or policie of the Realme of England, compiled by . . . Thomas Smyth Knight, Doctor of both the lawes, and one of the principal Secretaries vnto . . . King Edward . . . and Queene Elizabeth. S.T.C. 22858
- Printed by Henrie Midleton for Gregorie Seton, anno Domini 1584, London, 1584.
- Second edition of the first English treatise on comparative constitutional law, highly regarded by Maitland, who adjudged that the work "will be quoted and transcribed so long as men take any interest in the history of the English constitution"
- Modern 3/4 morocco, a trifle browned with a trace of marginal staining, headlines occasionally just shaved, with the Ehrman bookplate; the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 3500.00
- English constitutional law, Comparative Law
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.