Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- The Proceedings and Tryal [of the Seven Bishops] [with] Atkyns, An Inquiry into the Power of Dispensing with Penal Statutes [with] Atkyns, The Power, Jurisdiction and Priviledge of Parliament [with] Langhorne, King's Right in Dispensing with The Penal Laws
- Imprints vary; Wing S564, A4138, A4141, and L396, all folios, London, 1687-89.
- Four works central to English constitutional law and the Glorius Revolution, establishing the right of Parliament to legislate without subsequent Royal derogation and strengthening the power of the jury as the ultimate constitutional arbiter
- Contemporary calf, rebacked, with the portrait and two advertising leaves (one repaired), generally clean and well preserved; the Taussig copies
- Book No.:
- $ 1000.00
- trials, English constitutional law, Religion
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.