Meyer Boswell Books, Inc.
A searchable bookshop, specializing in antiquarian law books
Meyer Boswell Books - Book Detail Page
- Agard, Arthur and Thomas Powell
- The Repertorie of Records . . . with A briefe introductiue Index of the Records of the Chancery and Tower . . . As Also, A most exact Calender of all those Records [etc.]. S.T.C. 194.1 and Addenda [this copy with A3 properly signed] [this copy unique?]
- Printed by B. Alsop and T. Fawcet, for B. Fisher [etc.], London, 1631.
- The first printed effort to record and calendar England's public records, undertaken by Agard and after his death continued by Powell, its dedication to "Mercury" conjectured to be Bacon and thus an important part of the Bacon-Shakespeare controversy
- Contemporary mottled sheep, somewhat scraped, neatly rebacked, the final blank chipped, with A1 (otherwise blank); the Taussig copy
- Book No.:
- $ 600.00
- courts, MEDIEVAL, Procedure, Every Man Law Books, Shakespeare
How to Order BooksIf your browser supports and is set to accept cookies, you can click the 'Add to Order' button next to the selection you would like to order. The system will show you all the books in your shopping cart. If you wish to order additional books from this page, you may use the 'Back' button on your browser to return to this page from the Shopping Cart page.
If your browser does not support cookies or you choose not to accept them, you may use our previous non-cookie ordering system.
Alternately, you may order by sending an e-mail note, or by contacting us directly by phone or FAX.
If you do send a FAX, please make sure to include your full shipping address, a credit card number and expiration date, and the "Order No" of the volumes you would like. Also, please make sure to leave a phone number so that we can contact you in the event we encounter any problems filling your order.